Search Linux Wireless

Re: [ath9k-devel] ath9k_htc: station unable to authenticate

Am 20.06.2013 08:39, schrieb Ignacy Gawedzki:
On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 07:33:30AM +0200, thus spake Oleksij Rempel:
Am 19.06.2013 21:33, schrieb Ignacy Gawedzki:
I tested the thing with at least three different APs:

   - Netgear DG834Gv4 with latest firmware.

this one is BG with Broadcom BCM4318. Is here original firmware or openwrt?

Original firmware, since OpenWRT doesn't support the ADSL chip.

   - Netgear DG834Gv5 (don't know which firmware and can't check at this time).

this is BG with Conexant CX94610

   - hostapd (can't say which version at this time either) with the same
     ath9k_htc.

this one is actually BGN, did you configured it for N? Can you
please provide your hostapd.conf.

I'll manage to get the configuration as soon as possible.  It seems the
association problem went away since I patched the drivers on the AP too, so
"unpatching" the drivers on the station is not enough to reproduce the
problem.  I'll unpatch the drivers on the AP and re-run the test.

Do you have problems on all 3 configurations?

On both Netgears for sure.  For hostapd I'll confirm that in a little while.

                                               Can you please test it
with some N (HT) capable AP. But please, not with N-draft certified
AP.

Is ath9k_htc N-capable?

Yes, if hostapd configured properly.

Question to Corey,

i assume your old AP was supporting only BG networks. And your new one, which is working fine, supports N?

--
Regards,
Oleksij