Search Linux Wireless

Re: [ath9k-devel] ath9k_htc: Target is unresponsive

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 07:46:56PM +0200, thus spake Oleksij Rempel:
> Am 16.05.2013 19:20, schrieb Ignacy Gawedzki:
> >TP-Link TL-WN722NC, exactly as the one on the wiki.
>
> That is interesting. I have got today TL-WN722N, but i still can't
> reproduce this issue.

Are you sure that not any subsystem ups the interface before you have any
chance to warm reboot?  Or that you don't have a hub that cuts power to
devices on warm reboot?

> >I tried to solder the TX pin, but it's really too tiny.  I don't have an iron
> >so small as to be able to do it, sorry.  I would really love to have an UART
> >connection, but that's just beyond my abilities.  BTW, it would really be
> >great to have a way to send debug message up the USB link, just as with
> >carl9170.
>
> That make no sense. Debug message i need, are from boot loader.
> There is no way, that boot loader can send messages over usb. Or if
> firmwre will crash, it wont send any thing too.

I understand.

> So what do we have:
> - TL-WN722N is working. Or your model is different, or it is broken one.

I happen to have 8 of them, bought at different times and all exhibit the
problem.

> - Did you checked the cable?

I usually plug the device directly to the USB port, but I also happen to use
the cradle (supplied with the WN722NC version) that has a cable, when I need
two wireless interfaces on the RPi (both of them don't fit at once directly on
the ports).

> - usb host controller?

I'll try on yet another one and will tell you the results.

> - other options?

Hmmm... :/

--
-= Best Viewed Using [INLINE] =-