Search Linux Wireless

Re: [ath9k-devel] ath9k_htc: Target is unresponsive

Am 15.05.2013 15:42, schrieb Ignacy Gawedzki:
Hi everyone,

This is an old issue, about which it seems the first posts date back to 2009.
With the latest possible version of the firmware for AR9271 and the latest
possible wireless drivers, the issue is still there.  Whether this is still
the exact same problem every time remains to be checked, but it is annoying
enough to deserve some consideration.

The problem is that the driver can't talk to the device if the following
conditions are met:

  - The system cold boots with the USB dongle inserted or the USB dongle is
    inserted on a running system.

  - The interface is *not* brought up.

  - The system (warm) reboots.

Then the driver complains about the target being unresponsive after uploading
the firmware.  Apparently the only way to make it work again is to unplug and
then plug the USB dongle back, physically.  It seems that if the USB port is
not powered down during reboot (which happens with at least two different
setups that I've tested it with), the device is left in a broken state.

I would gladly help in tracing down this bug if only I knew where to start.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Hi Ignacy,

i can't reproduce this issue on my system. I tested it with 4 different ath9_htc adapter. Without luck. Please provide as match information as possible:
- Usb host controller
- Adapter manufacture and version, or even better add it to the wiki, and upload some images:
http://wikidevi.com/wiki/Main_Page
- your kernel version

I assume it is not firmware. May be there are some issue with boot loader on adapter. Are you sure that UART pins are not soldered? Current ath9k_htc do not have mechanism to reset an adapter. I will start to work on it after some other issues are done.

PS: please find some way to enable uart, at least TX pin.

--
Regards,
Oleksij