Search Linux Wireless

Re: Linux summit this year ?

Hi Seth,

>>> Sounds good to me. If it overlaps LPC, which one are people going to
>>> have to register for (if not going to both anyway)?
>>
>> I would presume that if you want to got to LPC sessions then you
>> would have to register for LPC.  Generally we have required Wireless
>> Summit attendees to register for LinuxCon, and I presume that would
>> be required this time (so both LinuxCon and LPC if you want the
>> LPC sessions).
>
> Why require LinuxCon registration rather than LPC? I'd assume most
> wireless summit attendees are more interested in plumbers than LinuxCon.
> Could the summit just require registration at one or the other?

the LinuxCon is providing the space for us and not the PlumbersConf. So registration to LinuxCon is what is required here. Otherwise we would have to figure out on how to pay for the space and everything around it by ourselves.

I don't think that the LinuxCon registration fee will be a big problem for anyone working for a company. And if you give a talk at LinuxCon, you can get free access to the Wireless Summit as well. That said, if we have students or other people with limited funds wanting to attend the Wireless Summit, please email John and myself privately and we can try to figure something out.

Regards

Marcel