Search Linux Wireless

Re: [Patch] mac80211: SMPS for AP Mode

Hi Vivek,

No worries.

> i have outlined three requirements based on my understanding for SMPS
> code and have also incorporated a code snippet. if you are okay with the
> code snippet, i will provide a patch for the same.
>
> 1) check if the receiving station has Dynamic SMPS on
> 2) check if the current MCS rate is greater than a single stream rate
> for the first rate

Note that MCS 32 is also single-stream. I'm not sure any driver supports
it, and I think minstrel_ht probably also doesn't support it, so I guess
you don't have to worry about it, but you may want to check.

> 3) if conditions 1 and 2 are true, set the RTS_CTS flag for the first
> rate that will be attempted to be transmitted

No, you don't just need the first rate, you need any rate that's
multi-stream. Otherwise a retransmission at a lower rate would never
work.

johannes