Search Linux Wireless

Re: Linux 2.6.24-rc7

From: "John W. Linville" <linville@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:46:26 -0500

> Plus it is a bit unfair to ask for firmware changes just because the
> vendor is actually engaged with us.  If this were Broadcom or Zydas
> firmware we would have little recourse other than to accept it or
> fix it in the driver or stack.

It's funny that you mention Broadcom, because on the ethernet
side exactly because they engage with us I've been able to
get them to add things that make sense to their gigabit firmware
and even the hardware itself.

It's the only reason Broadcom's gigabit and faster chips have
the one-shot MSI feature, because I asked them to add it because
it makes NAPI significantly faster.
-