Search Linux Wireless

Re: bcm43228 support

On 04/08/2013 01:46 PM, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
2013/4/8 Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
According to
http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/b43#Supported_devices, the only
driver that supports the BCM43228 is the closed-source wl. If your device
has PCI ID 14e4:4359, then neither brcmsmac nor b43 support it.

The number of devices supported by b43 is limited by the time that we have
to reverse engineer devices, and a need for an open-source driver. Your
device is not widely distributed. The Broadcom people will need to say why
they choose not to implement this device.

If you need a wireless adapter for use with a Live CD, I suggest one of the
popular USB devices.

I'm already read this link, but may be info is outdated and opensource
drivers for 43228 is available. Now broadcom-sta wl river works very
bad on my acer aspire v5.

The only way to know is to search the kernel source for the appropriate PCI ID. As you did not provide that for your device, I had to guess. I might have done that incorrectly, but if I tried the correct one, the current wireless-testing does not support your device.

Sorry about faulty operation of wl, but there is nothing we can do about that.

Larry