Search Linux Wireless

Re: Any suggestions for laptops with ath9k NIC?

Ben,

It may not be an ideal solution, but I've used a Expresscard to PCI-E Mini adapter that basically plugs into the common express card slot and provides a pci-express slot so you can use your choice of AR9xxx radio. That way the BIOS of the Lenovos or HPs of the world don't stop you up.

Admittedly, it's less than elegant having a 10 cm card hanging out of your machine, but it does allow great flexibility in testing different radios.

If you have any difficulty finding an adapter PM me and tell you the one I use.

Brandt