Search Linux Wireless

Re: Writing application code using sd8686

Hi Kevin,

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 9:03 AM, Kevin & Pauline Gordon
<kgordon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Many thanks for your comments Julian. Configuring files is fine if one is
> not out and about. Today with free Wifi or for demo purposes gaining access
> as a guest to local systems one needs an api (library) to:
> Configure,
> Open,
> Enable Dhcp,
> Scan,
> Join
> to automatically join local wifi access point on the fly.
> If anyone has some thoughts on this, I am keen to hear (especially re
> Libertas).

Again, Libertas is irrelevant with respect to those operations, all
the details of the driver are abstracted away from userspace programs.

You're looking for something like Connman or Network Manager or Wicd.
These manage the card and connect to the network, including scanning,
joining, encryption, key management, dhcp, etc. They all have some
form of interface which you can use to configure them, e.g. d-bus or
some library or whatever.

Thanks,

--
Julian Calaby