Search Linux Wireless

Re: RFCv3: ST-E CW1200 WLAN driver

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 05:32:32PM -0500, Solomon Peachy wrote:
> This is my current to-do list:

Was unexpectedly able to spend some time on this today!

>  * One final Kconfig option to eliminate

Done.

>  * A possible crash (reported not three hours ago) that needs confirming

Turns out to not be a crash, but it is a real problem.  The driver can
get into an inconsistent internal state if a connection loss event
occurs.  Proper fix triggers deadlock due to interdependencies.

Hackish workaround in place now, and I'm working on a proper fix.  Or
will be once my head stops throbbing.  The code is needlessly complex
and interdependent, and unravelling a bit at a time is difficult.

This state problem actually explains a bunch of other odd quirks I've
seen, so fixing it properly is pretty important.

>  * Hot unplug is still iffy (but better!)

More progress here, but more work to be done. (Only a problem now if
device isn't idle when yanked -- if the supplicant is attached, it
deadlocks still)

>  * Reworked SPI interrupt delivery completely untested
>  * IBSS is still busted (haven't had time to tackle it properly)
>  * Rebase against 3.8
>  * Investigate adding OF bindings that can be used instead of platform_data

No progress here yet.

I'll post another patch set this weekend.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy        		       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Melbourne, FL                          ^^ (mail/jabber/gtalk) ^^