Search Linux Wireless

txpower anything you make db.txt say ?

 was wondering... with a AEUS036NHA wireless adapater (ath9k), why
does it seem like I can set the power arbitrarily higher if I make my
own regulatory.bin
from the crda package. I doubt for real that's the power since the
adapater is rated at 1000mw afaik.

I wanted to test if it was really having more power than 20db when I
found out how to do that, but I suspiciously though it was just saying
it's as high
as you make db.txt say. This seems true at a whopping 48db (I never
did anything like connect to someone, just rebooted at turned it back
to 30).

Also wanted to know, does it really do 30db? I noticed between two
adapaters a mild improvement when setting it higher than 20 but it's
hard to tell.

root@debian:/home/jason# iwconfig
wlan2     IEEE 802.11bgn  ESSID:off/any
          Mode:Managed  Access Point: Not-Associated   Tx-Power=48 dBm
          Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off

eth0      no wireless extensions.

lo        no wireless extensions.

wlan0     IEEE 802.11bgn  ESSID:off/any
          Mode:Managed  Access Point: Not-Associated   Tx-Power=16 dBm