Search Linux Wireless

Re: mac80211 regression: doesn't associate automatically

> Is my second sequence "which I dug out" also not a problem?

I have to admit I missed that.

> I hope that is a bug that is more difficult to talk away. :-)

Heh. I'll give my best ;)

> $ pccardctl insert
> $ iwconfig eth1 key s:11111
> $ iwconfig eth1 essid MUMBLEFUTZ
> $ ifconfig eth1 up
>
> This sequence is basically what Debian executes at "ifup eth1"
> time when no wpa_supplicant is used. And it doesn't lead to an
> association, not even to a scanning (according to iwevent) when
> used with mac80211/b43.

Yeah, I've been bitten by that too. It's pretty tough actually but
*should* be doable though I would much prefer to set it only after the
interface is up I can see... Thing is that before the iface is up the
interface mode isn't set in stone. So things like

iwconfig eth1 blabla
iwconfig eth1 mode monitor
iwconfig eth1 mode managed
ip link set eth1 up

can probably never work properly. In any case, we ought to fix this
though right now I don't know what the best way would be.

johannes