Search Linux Wireless

Re: mac80211 regression: doesn't associate automatically

> Yes, but you're assuming "YYY" is a MAC address while in fact
> it can have two special meanings, "any" and "off", see the
> iwconfig man page.

Oh sorry, that was an oversight of me. Thanks for clarification.

> You understood: Johannes hates me, he thinks mac80211 is
> buggy, and he also thinks mac80211 should only do what he
> thinks wext defines.

Hate is too strong a word here :-)   I don't have feelings
towards you (in person), but I perceiving you as one that is
just "talking things away". And that is what I didn't liked,
made me frustrated and shooting over the top.

Anyway, I want to drop that now.

Is my second sequence "which I dug out" also not a problem?

$ pccardctl insert
$ iwconfig eth1 key s:11111
$ iwconfig eth1 essid MUMBLEFUTZ
$ ifconfig eth1 up

This sequence is basically what Debian executes at "ifup eth1"
time when no wpa_supplicant is used. And it doesn't lead to an
association, not even to a scanning (according to iwevent) when
used with mac80211/b43.

I hope that is a bug that is more difficult to talk away. :-)
-