Search Linux Wireless

Re: Change error message for failed rc module

Johannes Berg wrote:
won't this conflict with drivers that want to use their own rate scaling modules? (like iwl3945/4965)

The rate control algorithm should be per-hw struct. We still don't have
the "driver preference" patch applied because of some things, but in any
case it is possible to have an algorithm for each hw.

ok
Besides, currently, afaict, if you first load rc80211_simple and then
iwlwifi, the latter doesn't really work well if at all due to simple
being used. That needs to be fixed anyway, the right solution is that
patch we were discussing a long time ago with driver preference for rate
control algorithm (though ISTR there were still some issues with it and
I don't remember whether the initial version was applied)

seems not I was unable to find it in git but I found the thread about it it:
http://marc.info/?t=118801173400003&r=1&w=2
seems you had some concerns that have not been adressed yet.
-