Search Linux Wireless

Re: iwl4965 detection problem

Dan Williams wrote:
I've had this same problem with one machine and there were problems with
those two files.  I fixed it on that machine (and was fixed on a few
others using this procedure) by removing those two files and rebooting.

The symptom is that the driver loads and recognizes the card, but no
wireless devices show up to userspace (via iwconfig, ifconfig, or
in /sys/class/net) because device renames by udev and/or init scripts
stomped over them (like trying to rename wmaster0 -> eth1 and then
renaming wlan0 -> eth1 but failing because it was already taken).

Try killing those two files, making sure you're up to date, then
restarting.

Hi Dan,

I tried that, but no go :-( Even before the card was detected by Fedora,
when I manually loaded the iwl4965 module, nothing showed up in
ifconfig -a, I had to unload/reload for anything to happen.

Cheers,
Jes

-