Search Linux Wireless

Re: zd-mac80211: Fix TX status reports.

Johannes Berg wrote:

> > > That was my suggestion as well.
> >
> > The only question is how we know which packets we need to be careful
> > with. Right now, it seems that is only packets from hostapd?
>
> Also, do we really want to basically stop the whole AP when a new
> station is trying to associate? Maybe zd1211 is just not suitable for
> running an AP.

This is a valid point. However stopping the whole AP would not be
necessary, because the stop is only required for a particular
destination address. The destination address is available from the
TX retry failed interrupt.

I will try to experiment with a TX implementatation without
screening for ACKs for zd1211rw-mac80211 using Michael's timeout
idea by ensuring  that only one packet per destination address is
transferred at a time to the device and positively acknowledge the
packet after a timeout if no failure interrupt has been received.

I would however still recommend to verify, whether rate-selection
algorithms could work with statistics only. The mac80211 stack
should require only ACKs, when they are in fact needed to support
ieee80211 protocols.

--
Uli Kunitz
-