Search Linux Wireless

Re: zd-mac80211: Fix TX status reports.

Johannes Berg wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 12:52 +0200, Michael Buesch wrote:

> > > That's tricky though, because multiple retry rates mean that it can
> > > possibly take quite a while for the packet to go through. And ath5k
> > > wants to support up to 7 different rates for each packet.
> >
> > I'm only talking about zd, though.
>
> Yeah, but that means the driver should implement it because it has much
> less problems getting the heuristics right.

Notify that the TX-failed interrupt has only the destination MAC
address of the transmitted packet. So if the driver has sent two packets
to the device and both are still in their timeout time, it will
not be known, whether the first or the second failed. (The
destination address for STAs will always be the same.)

Sending only one packet until the timeout period is over is
certainly doable and could be used for critical activity like
association and authentication, but for normal mode the driver
should only be required to provide statistics.

--
Uli Kunitz
-