Search Linux Wireless

Re: Recent linux-wireless git changes have broken my prism54pci card

On Monday 13 August 2007 04:58, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Okay, I still had copies of various git revisions of prism54common.c and .h
> (aka the culprits) on my laptop. I've run some tests again to make sure I
> had the right revisions in mind for the breakage (which I had). I've
> attached 2 patches:
> diff: with this reversed my speed increases 10x and more importantly when
> fully loading the link (using scp from a local non wireless ethernet
> machine) it no longer looses the connection in a couple of seconds

Hm, I guess either these changes were wrong or exposed some bugs. Can you
check what sort of tx rates are being reported in iwconfig before and after
that change?

> diff2, when I do not reverse this one, it still associates, but it no
> longer receives / or transmits packages. (no dhcp, no ping when manually
> assigning IP's, etc).

Not sure.. this patch generally helped things on my hardware. Christian
Lamparter might have an idea.

Thanks,
-Michael Wu