Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC] {cfg,nl}80211 API

Hi David,

Great stuff!

>   - getting virtual interfaces works via ifindex, which needs to be known.
>     - no dumping (would have locking issues with userspace MLME)
>     - use list of vifs from GET_WIPHY
>     - only thing it currently should return is vif type. essid & stuff
>       should be retrievable via GET_ASSOCIATION, which won't be valid for
>       monitor interfaces

Hmm, in fact, if we go that route then we can do dumping for vifs (by
wiphy I guess) since all this information is available in the kernel,
only GET_ASSOCIATION should need a callout. vif type can be dumped just
fine.

> So, what's left?
> - more PHY config stuff?
>   - TX power? Should be able to configure a lower value...

Yeah, but as we said, this really needs to tie in with any regulatory
stuff.

>   - antenna selection?

Sounds reasonable, needs automatic/... but for .11n it might need some
more things. Not sure.

johannes