Search Linux Wireless

Re: OpenBSD bcw: Possible GPL license violation issues

OK, I decided to go for option 3:

***

From: Marcus Glocker <mglocker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: source-changes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 10:25:25 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: CVS: cvs.openbsd.org: src

CVSROOT:        /cvs
Module name:    src
Changes by:     mglocker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx        2007/04/05 10:25:25

Modified files:
        sys/conf       : files
        sys/dev/pci    : files.pci
        sys/dev/cardbus: files.cardbus
Removed files:
        share/man/man4 : bcw.4
        sys/dev/ic     : bcw.c bcwreg.h bcwvar.h
        sys/dev/pci    : if_bcw_pci.c
        sys/dev/cardbus: if_bcw_cardbus.c

Log message:
After been attacked by Michael Buesch <mb@xxxxxxxxx> because we initially
were using some of their routines in the bcw driver, I decided to stop
working on it.  To avoid any further license chit chat I plain drop the
driver.

***

Happy now?

It's a pleasure to see how the OpenSource community stands together,
and starting public wars instead of talking directly to the people
involved.

Marcus

--
Marcus Glocker, marcus@xxxxxxxxx, mglocker@xxxxxxxxxxx