Search Linux Wireless

Re: OpenBSD bcw: Possible GPL license violation issues

[I'll just try to help further discussion providing IMHO useful information.
It looks like you didn't even read my message before replying, but that's
not the problem. The problem is that repeating again the same things
doesn't lead anywhere, so I hope somebody else will contribute to
discussion.]

On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 18:29:44 -0600
Theo de Raadt <deraadt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How about we start with the following people, who do not seem like the
> specific people to mail.
>
> Martin Langer <martin-langer@xxxxxx>

He's a bcm43xx copyright holder.

> Danny van Dyk <kugelfang@xxxxxxxxxx>

He's a bcm43xx copyright holder.

> Andreas Jaggi <andreas.jaggi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

He's a bcm43xx copyright holder.

> Larry Finger <larry.finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

He's a bcm43xx copyright holder.

> Quaker.Fang@xxxxxxx

He's an OpenSolaris developer interested in bcw for developing a driver for
Broadcom wireless devices. We thought it would be nice to tell him about
this issue.

> Johannes Berg <johannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

He's a reverse engineer, he may help with discussion.

> Joseph Jezak <josejx@xxxxxxxxxx>

He's a reverse engineer, he may help with discussion.

> John Linville <linville@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

He's the Linux kernel maintainer for the wireless subsystem.

> Greg kh <greg@xxxxxxxxx>

He is the current Linux kernel maintainer for the PCI, USB, I²C, driver
core and the sysfs kernel subsystems.

> bcm43xx-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bcm43xx developers.

> linux-wireless@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Linux wireless developers.

> license-violation@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"In the past 16 months, gpl-violations.org has helped uncover and negotiate
more than 30 out-of-court settlement agreements."

> Copyrighted whitespaces and variable names, you mean, right?

No.

--
Ciao
Stefano