From: wimax-bounces at linuxwimax.org [mailto:wimax-bounces at linuxwimax.org] On
Behalf Of Anthony Teal
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2013 4:54 PM
To: wimax at linuxwimax.org
Subject: intel 6150

So I have had some issues getting the intel 6150 wireless n + wimax to work.
I have it being detected by the system now and giving me a device of wmx0. I
have the tools and service compiled and installed and everything seems to be
working except, when I scan, I get back a message saying that "No networks
found." I also notice that when I start scanning my wifi disconnects, so I
know it is actually interacting with the hardware. I am in waterloo iowa,
and I know its not officially supported, there is a wimax tower for clear.
Since it isn't one of the larger and recognized by sprint tower, could it
have a different frequency that it is operating on or something else that
would make this issue arise?