intel 6150

So I have had some issues getting the intel 6150 wireless n + wimax to
work. I have it being detected by the system now and giving me a device of
wmx0. I have the tools and service compiled and installed and everything
seems to be working except, when I scan, I get back a message saying that
"No networks found." I also notice that when I start scanning my wifi
disconnects, so I know it is actually interacting with the hardware. I am
in waterloo iowa, and I know its not officially supported, there is a wimax
tower for clear. Since it isn't one of the larger and recognized by sprint
tower, could it have a different frequency that it is operating on or
something else that would make this issue arise?