linuxwimax.org

On Tue, 2012-01-10 at 14:56 -0800, Kyle Williams wrote:
> I hope they have the good sense to include all the other carriers and
> not just Clearwire.

There's settings for Clear, Sprint, Comcast, Time Warner, Yota, UQ,
VMAX, and Comstar AFAICT.  The settings are really just about what
channels to expect the operator on (so scanning for the network is
faster), the authentication methods the operator uses, and the realm.
The database is intended to be updated over-the-air using OMA-DM, but
nobody ever got around to releasing an open-source, widely used OMA-DM
client for Linux; there's the Funambol one but that doesn't appear to be
in an normal distros.  If we had an OMA-DM client, these values would
get updated for you right after you log in using the operator's landing
page.  But until then we've gotta do it manually sometimes.

Dan