kernel 3.0

I've been using wimax on an Intel 5250 under Ubuntu 11.10 without much trouble.  I did recompile the wimax stack, so maybe that makes a difference.

Every once in a while, I find that the card comes up and connects fine, but then stops working as soon as it goes idle ... leaving 'ping' running in the background seems to keep it alive, or killing wimaxd and reloading the kernel modules seems to put it back in a normal state.  I believe this is new behavior since Ubuntu 11.10.

I also occasionally have problems if the card tries to authenticate when the signal strength is very low ... sometimes it will say it connected and authenticated properly, but I end up getting redirected to a clear.com website that says only "We have a message for you", but clicking 'Continue' on the page doesn't do anything.  I have no clue what that means, but disconnecting and reconnecting usually gets me back online.  I have experienced this problem since switching from v1.4 to v1.5 of the stack - this is not a new problem in Ubuntu 11.10.

For the most part, however, it generally works fine.

-Paul