Freshtel in Ukraine with Intel 6250 WiMAX

On Sat, 2011-03-05 at 22:27 +0200, Oleksa Stasevych wrote:
> Hi Inaky.
>
> Thank you for your reply. I've solved the first issue for me, as you may
> see in my previous replies - I managed to get work wimax on 64-bit after
> applying Paul Donohue's patches.
>
> The second is much complicated and I made some scripts for me basing on
> those which are published in Internet (like this
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/513139)
> to turn off Wifi and turn on Wimax (see at http://ge.tt/7T8cqay), as
> well as to try to respond to different stati of Wimax module analysing
> wimaxcu responses, but they are not stable and demand /dev/hands to be
> applied :).
>
> I've posted this idea on Ubuntu brainstorming page and hope that the
> work which is currently doing by Dan Williams with NM
> (http://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager) can be
> finalised in the nearest future.

NM 0.9 will ship with Intel WiMAX support enabled.  That should be out
this month.  What's not solved is the rfkill issue, especially on the
5150 cards where you can't have both enabled at the same time.  Not sure
how to handle all of that yet...  but the 5350 seems to work just fine
for me on Clear.  Of course if you have a different provider then you'll
have to update the channel maps manually; we should find a good solution
for that too, even if it's an external tool that does it.

Dan