Stuck on UQ startup page

Hello again,

An update:  it looks like UQ of Japan uses an ActiveX control in
Internet Explorer to activate WiMAX service.  The ActiveX control
launches the Intel WiMAX connection utility, which then writes
"credentials to your device."  This is described here:

http://www.clearwire.com/downloads/UQDayPassQuickStartGuide.pdf

I am confronted with the situation on the last page.

I guess this works for them since the only devices they support with
embedded WiMAX run Windows; unfortunately, I do not, though if I get
desperate I could install a Windows partition for this purpose.

In closing, I have three questions:

1) What are these "credentials" ?

2) Is there a way to install these credentials in Linux?

3) How does activation work with other carriers, e.g. Clearwire in the
US?

Thank you for your attention.

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 09:39:46 +0900
<hypnos75 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I connected to UQ Wimax in Japan, and via the wimax connection went
> through their web-driven subscription process.  However, after
> completion, I landed on their startup page and was unable to proceed.
> This startup page talks about how subscription data is being sent to
> my wimax chip, and that I should not close the laptop.  I left it
> going all night to no avail.
>
> Moreover, my system_log filled up with the following:
>
> {pid:4366, tid: 2898962176 time = 09:31:45}
> [1292373105] ././Primitives/wimax_osal_strings.c:427 Error:
> [OSAL_strlwr_s]Exit Error Could not convert string into lower case
>
> (This log message only occurs when I set "OutputTarget" to console
> in /etc/wimax/config.xml .)
>
> Any suggestions?
>

> Thanks!

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Linux Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Device Mapper]