WiMAX difficulties

On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 09:45 +0900, Aaron Gutman wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 5:48 AM, Inaky Perez-Gonzalez
> <inaky at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>

>         thus is not really surprising it fails to connect. -85 dBm in
>         any case is so borderline
>         it fails most of the times. I'd really like this software to
>         be more conservative.
>
>         Have you tried this in another location?
>

> It is a weak signal in the spot I took the log.  Weak, although I am
> able to connect in Windows.   I did try in places where I get a
> stronger signal, and it still failed.  I can capture a new log there
> if helpful.

That is ... annoying--it's the same signal--I am wondering if one
software has better pre-provisioning data than the other and thus can
find basestations better; I'd like to see the capture though.

Unfortunately, I can't glimmer more information out of the logs on why
it fails. So I kind of have to work it out based on discarding things.

> Unfortunately WiMAX coverage in my location (Tokyo) is pretty spotty.
>  Maybe other places are better, but in my case, I'd like the software
> to be the -least- conservative possible =)   Maybe you could make it
> a tunable?

The user space software is in maintenance mode, I don't have the
resources (time) to add new features to it, although I'll gladly take
patches.

In any case, it seems that the problem is another one in this case.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Linux Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Device Mapper]