Unable to connect to CLEAR Boston under Fedora 14-Alpha i686

Hi Inaky,

 > > > I am wondering if the thing gets to the WiMAX authentication part
 > > > or not.
 > > >
 > Nope, it doesn't.
 >
 > This is version 1.5, right? Can you try 1.5.1?

I just updated libeap to 0.7.2, and wimax-tools and
wimax-network-service to the latest version from git.

 > This is annoying. Your scan results reported strong links, so we can
 > discard that.
 >
 > Something else I'd like to try (it happens to me sometimes): make sure
 > autoscan and autoconnect are disabled:
 >
 > $ wimaxcu wimaxcu-wpa_cd connectmode connect manual scan semi
 >
 > and then issue a wimax scan plus the wimax connect network. When it
 > times out, try to connect again.
 >
 > I've been at the point a few times where it just took to long for it
 > to connect. Also, in another terminal, run a few 'wimaxcu status',
 > let's see what that reports.

This is the output of wimaxcu when trying to connect -- nothing has
changed:

$ wimaxcu ron
HW and SW Radios are ON.
$ wimaxcu connectmode connect manual scan semi
The specified connect mode is already in place.
Connection and Scan Mode:
         Connection:   manual
         Scan:         semi-manual
$ wimaxcu scan

Network found.
NSP : CLEAR
         ID          : 2
         Signal      : Excellent
         RSSI        : -48 dBm
         CINR        : 32 dB
         Network Type: Home Network
         Activated

Network found.
NSP : SPRINT
         ID          : 47
         Signal      : Excellent
         RSSI        : -48 dBm
         CINR        : 32 dB
         Network Type: Home Network
         Activated

Network found.
NSP : Comcast
         ID          : 48
         Signal      : Excellent
         RSSI        : -48 dBm
         CINR        : 32 dB
         Network Type: Home Network
         Activated

Network found.
NSP : Time Warner Cable 4G
         ID          : 51
         Signal      : Excellent
         RSSI        : -48 dBm
         CINR        : 32 dB
         Network Type: Home Network
         Activated
$ wimaxcu connect network 2
Connecting to CLEAR Network...
Connection failure
$ wimaxcu connect network 2
Connecting to CLEAR Network...
Connection failure
$ wimaxcu connect network 2
Connecting to CLEAR Network...
Connection failure

This is the output of wimaxd -- after the upgrade, it no longer shows
even the few messages that it did before:

# wimaxd -i wmx0 -d
Enter Command:
q - Quit AppSrv
t - Trace ReInit (ReLoads Registry Values)
u - uplink(Apdo uplink event
h - Help
d - Toggle driver messages to display - debug & internal only

AppSrv is ready !
Act_FullRestart!
Act_DriverDeviceStatus - DRIVER_UP

I did run 'wimaxcu status' repeatedly during this process.  The output
normally cycles between "Scanning..." and "Ready."  When trying to
connect, the output is "Connecting...", then when it fails, it goes
back to "Scanning...".

Thanks again for your help,

David