Beceem driver

On Fri, 2010-08-06 at 08:58 -0500, Israel wrote:
> Hello
>
> The people of here have posted a source code for the beceem wimax for
> a linux embebed version, can you adapt it for a general purpose linux
> kernel? (x86 x64 etc)
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/wimax-hacking/browse_thread/thread/5e4a667cb915f584?pli=1

I took a quick look and while it is licensed under the GPL, it doesn't
appear to include all the code needed for the USB-based devices that are
the most prevalent of the Beceem BCS2x0 chips like the Motorola dongle
that Clear sells, or the Sprint/Franklin 300/301, or the old XOHM TU-25.
It appears that the device in the Motorola modem is connected somehow
via Ethernet, and that commands are sent to the device using special
ethernet packets.

The USB devices at least need firmware downloads and I also couldn't
find anything interesting in those sources about dumping firmware to the
Beceem device in there.

So while that source dump isn't entirely useful for the USB devices that
everyone wants drivers for, it should at least be helpful in writing the
USB dongle driver since it's for the same chips more or less.

Dan

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Linux Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Device Mapper]