Wimax cards for laptop

I disagree, it is just because of marketing approach.
I cannot recall a company, which is selling net-book or laptop with Intel
WiMAX Connection and Linux.
USB sticks also has driver supporting mostly 32-bit Windows systems. Some
vendors like Samsung+Yota provide also x86-64-bit support.

If some major vendor target Linux based laptops - these problem will be
solved very quickly. At least for USB-sticks - there is no power supply
problem and any USB2 capable laptop can use it. I used even with ASUS
EeePC-4G - is working.

But reality is - End Users not want to use Linux. Even If they buy laptop
with Linux - they buy it because it was cheaper, later install some windows
on it. And mWimax dongles is mass-market Enduser device. So as soon EndUser
will like Linux - as soon there will be a lot of supported dongles.

This is my opinion.

Regards
Peter