Wimax cards for laptop

I believe problem is well described in your letter.

Nobody want it to be solved, because it is hard and unpredictable if you use
old notebook with any recent mPCIex WiMAX card, even if your notebook has
mPCIex slot, it may not be provide enough power for WiMAX card.

With Intel WiMAX driver naturally only Intel cards would work.

If you just  need to run on Linux, you can try madwimax and CMC720 based USB
dongle prepared for Clear (I'm not sure will be 100% interop or not).

Hope I answered your question.

Best regards,
Peter Lavee