Channel Plans

On Fri, 2010-05-07 at 04:20 -0700, Wimmer Felix wrote:
> >In Windows, the Intel driver is locked to Clear/Xohm via their device
>  certificate.

> Only to them? According to Intel's page Clear, UQ, Yota,
>  Comstar, VMAX, Sprint, Time Warner Cable and Comcast networks are
>  supported.

The device certificate is signed by the WiMAX Forum. Likewise, the base
station certificates are signed by the WiMAX Forum. To the best of my
knowledge, in the Intel hardware, there are no restrictions on who you
can connect to as long as the root CA for the device's or basestation's
certificate is the WiMAX Forum.

> >In Linux, you have to set the NAP ID correctly before the scan will work.
> d'accord
>
> >From what I could tell, the radios were seen but would not show up
>  unless further recognition was made.

> "further recognition" ???
>
> Why should network support have any influence on a (wide)network scan
>  and it's detection? Certificates are tied to the device's MAC ID and
>  not sent before device identification during network entry.
>
> As far as I know missing channel plans are the answer why someone can
>  not detect a WiMAX network even though it's there. Quote Intel
>  regarding their utility:

> - "Ordering a Wide Scan will result in a scan of the channel plans
>  specified in the NDnSAgentConfig.xml file, under all the
>  WideScanParameters\ChannelPlan\Entries nodes".

> - "The Wide Scan cannot find NSPs for which there is no channel plan
>  provisioned in the L4-DB XML (unless by accident)."
>
> Questions:

> 1. Where is this "NDnSAgentConfig.xml"?? (On device tree? Because the
>  utility doesn't give "WideScanParameters\ChannelPlan\Entries")

in /usr/share/wimax or /var/lib/wimax

> 2. How to add/send additional channel plans (e.g. by Connection Manager)?
>
> 3. How to find operators' right channel plans?
> (I only found Yotas' and Comstars'for Intel's: http://zmeyt.wordpress.com/2009/12/23/wimax-yota-comstar-linux/ )

Each operator provides it's own, normally via OMA-DM. BUt there is no
OMA-DM client for Linux.