64 bit

Inaky Perez-Gonzalez wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 14:25 -0600, Richard Farina wrote:
>
>> Inaky Perez-Gonzalez wrote:
>>
>>> On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 11:56 -0400, Richard Farina wrote:

>> First of all, thanks for your quick response Inaky, it is appreciated.
>> While the prospect of an open source supplicant is obviously preferred,
>> is there any way to take the old binary supplicant and compile it for 64
>> bit? Or make the 64 bit wimax network service able to use the 32 bit
>> binary blob of a supplicant?  I love the idea of an open source
>> supplicant, but at the moment I'd take free as in beer while waiting for
>> my free as in freedom.
>>

> At this point, that'd be probably more work than the final push to the
> open source one.
>
> I understand the frustration, but we are severely tight with resources
> here, so we need to place them where most makes sense. In the long term,
> the open source solution is the best one, so the little we can divert
> resources from anyone, we try to put them there.

Understandable to be sure.  I figured if it was as simple as just
compiling the binary in 64 bit that it could be done easily but if work
is required I would definately rather see the resources go into the open
source version.  I help fun a small livecd for which I've added wimax
support to the 32 bit version.  If you need anything related to the 64
bit work you are doing tested, I have a small user base that is equipped
with appropriate hardware and I'm sure they would be very happy to 1)
Help test and 2) Have a working device :-)

Thanks again,
Rick

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Linux Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Device Mapper]