Nokia's WiMAX implementation

Hello,

I have already been reading this mailing list for a while, so I think
now it's time for me to introduce myself and explain a little bit of
what we are doing with WiMAX here at Nokia.

As you probably already know, Nokia has announced the N810 Internet
Tablet WiMAX Edition[1].  This device is based on Linux, so it's clear
that we are also working on a WiMAX implementation for Linux.

Our architecture is different from the open source implementation by
Intel, eg. the API exposed by the kernel driver module is simpler and
hardware-independent.

Basically we have the following components:

* WiMAX driver module (which will probably be open-sourced soon);
* WiMAX Daemon (will probably be open-sourced soon), which contains
basic controls and provides the interface between the driver and the
rest of the user space;
* A proprietary connectivity daemon (ICd) with WiMAX modules that
contains most of the ND&S logic.

At this moment, unfortunately, I cannot reveal much more details, but
you can expect to see some more involvement from us in the near future.

I have already discussed our implementation in more details with Marcel
Holtmann.  I think we should start cooperating to implement a generic
WiMAX stack that will become the de-facto implementation for the Linux
kernel! ;)

Cheers,
Luca.

Ref.:
[1] http://www.nseries.com/index.html#l=products,n810_wme

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Linux Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Device Mapper]