Nokia's WiMAX implementation

On Monday 01 December 2008, juuso.oikarinen@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> In the original posting, Luciano stated that the Nokia driver sources
> are not publicized yet. This has now changed. For reference, please see
> the Maemo.org repository at
> http://repository.maemo.org/pool/maemo4.1/free/k/kernel-source-diablo/

Thanks for posting this!

Is there a roadmap to the driver?

I have a few questions -- I haven't been able to go over the whole driver, so
please bear with me:

- where do you guys implement the supplicant? if you put everything below the
kernel, it will be needed there?

- how do you manage OMA-DM interaction with the networks to get the
provisioning information from the networks? This cannot be put in kernel
space and still is needed.

- Why do you need an OSAL?

> The Nokia driver currently implements the WiMAX methods as private
> extensions to the WLAN wireless events interface. Obviously, for a long
> term solution fixed messages would need to be defined. Still, the
> methods defined in the interface have been proven to work on a real
> product, and could serve as good reference defining a device independent
> WiMAX driver interface for Linux.

Thanks,

--
Inaky

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Linux Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Device Mapper]