arm/arm64 HARDLOCKUP Detector and PERF NMI support

I'm trying to get HARDLOCKUP detector to work on arm (on foundation
model and Juno, but armv7 should have the same issue). Turns out there is no
PERF NMI support (HAVE_PERF_EVENTS_NMI), which I guess would be PMU NMI - I
tested overflow on cycle counter and PMU interrupts can be masked. HARDLOCKUP
assumes perf interrupts are non-maskable and uses the PMU to program an NMI to
detect hard lockup and that in turn drives softlockup detection.

Is there something, someplace in ARM manuals that addresses this, searched the
manuals but couldn't find anything?

Or other approaches that I'm not aware off or have floated on the mailing list.

It's a pretty important feature for some environments.

- Mario