Re: The virtuailization patches break Voyager.

Eric W. Biederman wrote:

>> Incidentally, the rewrite is looking very promising so far.  Apparently
>> there is tons of odd or just plain dead code lurking in setup.S.
>
> Just send it out for review before we merge it.
>
> We don't want to break things like loadlin support if we don't have to.
>
> If figure worse case we can convert your clean up back into assembly
> and have a more readable and maintainable setup.S :)

It doesn't look like there should be a problem getting the loadlin hooks
to continue working.  Something else that might be useful to know is if
there are pre-2.02 bootloaders that are still being used (other than
loadlin?)

As the patches I have now I'm breaking support for pre-2.00 bootloaders,
which don't have bzImage support anyway and thus, I think, can be
disregarded as historic.

	-hpa