Paravirt-ops VMI / Xen / lrustyvisor merge status

Rusty Russell wrote:

>> Rusty, you mentioned you had a patchset to push, when do you expect to
>> have it ready?
>>

> I'm just doing the final file moving now (everything in
> arch/i386/lguest), expect to send out something within 48 hours (I need
> to sync up to latest git tree, too).

Cool.

>> One of which is separating the paravirt-ops into GPL
>> and non-GPL exports, which we need consensus on where the line is, but
>> can't really achieve it until everyone is happy with the finalized set
>> of paravirt-ops.  Any patch that tries to do this now would just cause
>> rejects later and slow all of our merges.
>>

> Yes, I have a patch, but it breaks kvm.  I'm waiting until things settle
> before fixing it.

I think the only other open issue we had was how to cleanly do the
sysenter disable for Xen.  We want it on for sure, and so does native,
but Xen needs to disable it.  This could be tied into some nosegneg
stuff, I can't remember exactly if they were separate patches or what
happened to the nosegneg stuff.  Presumedly, Xen still needs that as well?

Zach