Xen status

Chris Wright wrote:
>> With these in place, things are getting fairly far, but not to
>> usermode.  It often gets as far as trying to mount root, but it fails; I
>> haven't investigated that yet.  But it also frequently crashes before
>> then, depending on when it gets an interrupt.  I'm trying to work out
>> what's happening here, but the symptom is eip == 0x00000001 (!).
>>

> Haven't seen that one.

Yeah, it looks like something is going amiss in interrupt delivery.
Maybe something to do with interrupt stacks...

I never saw anything strange relating to timer events, but perhaps this
is a manifestation of that problem.

> Essentially all the local hacks I have are for debugging.  There was
> one bit which was just for apic clock setup.

I think I worked around that by masking off the ACPI bit in CPUID.

>   But the symptom w/out that was a hang, not a crash.
Yes, I'm past that one.

>  They're also on a remote machine that
> has apparently died.  Re-tooling locally ATM.

That sucks.