Time to post some patches?

On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 01:06 -0700, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> Looks to me like the first series of patches should be OK to post now.
> I propose that:
>
>     001-apply-to-page-range.patch
>     001a-reboot-use-struct.patch
>     002-sync-bitops.patch
>     003-remove-ring0-assumptions.patch
>     004-abstract-asm.patch
>     005-cpuid-cleanup.patch

Yep, fairly clear.  There was some naming queries about the
DISABLE_INTERRUPTS vs _CLI etc, but I think they're OK.

>     unfix-fixmap.patch

OK, I'm still not convinced on making __FIXMAP_TOP a variable rather
than just defining it to something in the paravirt_ops structure.  The
latter is a 3 line patch, and much clearer in intent.

>     fixmap-bootparam.patch

While this would justify the above patch, it is IMHO, the wrong approach
for adding a paravirt module later: a module shouldn't fail to load
because you forgot a boot cmdline param.  I really think a #ifdef
CONFIG_XXX_MODULE would be clearer.

>     remove-read-hazard-from-cow.patch
>     pte-clear-not-present.patch
>     pgd-free-mm.patch

These look like general goodness to me.

>     notes-segment.patch

Be nice to see a user of this infrastructure, given it's fairly
significant.  Didn't someone mention PPC using something like this?
Could we turn this into a "move infrastructure into arch-indep" patch?

> Yes?  No?  Maybe?  Post more?  Post less?

Post those, I'd say.  I think it's your turn?

Rusty.
--
Help! Save Australia from the worst of the DMCA: http://linux.org.au/law