virtualization kickoff

virtualization-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 07/30/2004 01:44:24 PM:

> sorry I missed the informal BoF, BTW.  Are there any informal minutes
> beyond the contents of this email?

No minutes, sorry.  I did forget to mention in original email that another
thing we agreed on was the need for consistent terminology, e.g., Domain
versus Partition versus OS...

Chris, thank you for hosting the mailing list.  Do we have somewhere where
we can put documents... as we start developing them.  I wonder if a wiki
is a plausible option? Be nice to even have a page with pointers to all
the key publications in this space.

> We have some buy in that at least hotplug cpu/memory and even some level
> of changes to timer ticks are expected in mainline.  Also, if any of
> these needs have code to back them up (regardless of the "hack level"),
> that'd be helpful in grounding the conversation.  I'm curious about the
> page reclamation strategies, for one.

Can you point to the changes comming for timer?  I know that IBM has
various things going on for page reclamation, can someone in the LTC
collect the list?  Again, a wiki we can point poeple at to add their own
bits would be cool.

> > I am really wondering if we want more than just someone to host this
> > mailing list, we will need to start maintaining various documents...
> > hopefully testing code, etc...  Thoughts?
>
> Again, we have infrastructure here to do that.  I'd be happy to add what
> we can to the mix.

See above, what about a wiki for this?