Re: usb hub disconnects all devices

On Wed, 4 Dec 2013, Kumar Gokhare wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> It seems that in my case, the root hub is getting this disconnect
> event which is disconnecting all devices.
> Could you point me which kernel module raises these event and if any
> debugs I can turn on in the kernel configs to more info ?

The modules are ehci-hcd and usbcore.  There isn't much info to get
other than what you have already seen.  For instance, it looks like you
already have CONFIG_USB_DEBUG enabled.

> >> <7>[ 1493.733245] tegra-ehci tegra-ehci.2: GetStatus port 1 status
> >> c00100a POWER sig=se0 PEC CSC

This message is from the ehci-hcd driver.  It says that the hardware's
port status value is 0xc00100a, which means no connection, connect
change (i.e., there was a disconnection), and enable change.

> >> <7>[ 1493.733297] hub 1-0:1.0: port 1, status 0100, change 0003, 12 Mb/s
> >> <6>[ 1493.733329] usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 2

These messages are from the hub driver in usbcore.  They mean that the
hub driver saw the disconnect status from the EHCI hardware, and it
took the appropriate action.

> I know I shouldn't expect much support for such an old kernel, but
> would be grateful if you can give me some pointers.

I'm glad to help, but I don't think you will solve this in software.

Alan Stern