Re: zte_ev not properly handling ZTE AC2726 CDMA modems

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013, Johan Hovold wrote:

> > I am attaching the output that I am getting in the syslog. Note that I have
> > two usb modems connected to that router and that's how I am able to debug
> > it.
> > 2-1 is an external USB2.0 hub, 2-1.2 is the ZTE modem, and 2-1.1 is a Huawei
> > CDMA modem, which is working fine. The problem happens both with and without
> > a hub.
>
> The transmissions are failing with -ENOENT (-2), and the "clear tt
> buffer" are related to the hub.
>
> Can you get a log from when not using the hub?
>
> Could you try reproducing this on v3.12?
>
> Alan, what do you think of this?

The -ENOENT means that the transfers were cancelled.  Perhaps because
of a timeout or perhaps for some other reason.

The "clear tt buffer" lines are merely side effects of the cancelled
transfers.  Running the test without the external hub ought to
eliminate them.  It would simplify the test results, so it's worth
doing.

Also, it might be worthwhile to collect a usbmon trace during the test.
The output might be meaningful to somebody who understands how this
driver is supposed to work.

Alan Stern