Native resolution of a webcam from the lsusb -v output

Greetings;

I am setting up a machine vision system, where the camera output is cropped
to the point of a pixel in the camera is 20+ on the computer screen since
we want .001" or .01mm accuracy in the final image presented to the machine
operator.  Imagine if you will, a 2304xwhatever camera that we are using
just the central 300 or so pixels in our application.

So we use a fairly high res camera, and crop the image down to the central
portion of interest as the first step in making our processing chain faster
by having less data to fiddle with.

It makes sense that we should, for speed reasons because our video
processing chain is slow in frames per second, in some modes its even
frames per minute, we should waste as little time as possible in the camera
by running it in its native resolution with no compression.  Ideally, we
should see it in real time, but when you add crosshair targets and such to
the stream, real realtime isn't going to happen. But moving the machine 2
thousandths of an inch, and waiting 3 seconds or more to actually see the
movement on screen is, shall we say, frustrating to the operator.

So, in the interests of maintaining a square pixel, and a 1/1 pixel to
pixel ratio so as not to throw away usable resolution by blending or
interpolation effects in the camera, is there a returned value in the lsusb
-v or -vv output that identifies the camera imagers native resolution and
output byte color sequence format?

Thank you.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

I've always made it a solemn practice to never drink anything stronger
than tequila before breakfast.
		-- R. Nesson
         law-abiding citizens.