Re: Cannot shutdown power use from built in webcam in thinkpad T530 questions]

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 04:32:08PM -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
> > I'm somehow thinking there is a driver or hardware problem when the device
> > does get stuck in a mode where it won't sleep properly again until the next
> > reboot (just unloading/loading the driver does not fix this).
>
> That's quite possible.  But if it is a driver problem, wouldn't
> unloading and reloading the driver fix it?

You'd think that but it hasn't so far with this one device.

> > > You might get more information from a kernel with CONFIG_USB_DEBUG
> > > enabled.  Especially if you add
> > >
> > > #define VERBOSE_DEBUG
> > >
> > > to drivers/usb/core/driver.c before the first #include line.
> >
> > Do you think thaty would help debug the problem above, or not really? I'm
>
> There's no way to know in advance.
>
> > starting to think that the USB layer is not at fault, although I could be
> > wrong I suppose.
>
> You asked for advice on things to try, and I suggested something.
> That's the best I can do.

Understood, just making sure this was still potentially useful considering
what I found out since my last message.

Thanks for your help,
Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....