Re: xhci usb issues with Etron Technology, Inc. EJ168 USB 3.0 Host Controller

On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 08:52:27AM -0500, joe M wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Joe,

I'm the xHCI driver maintainer, and it helps if you Cc me on questions.
Otherwise it can get lost in my mailing list inbox.  You can find the
email addresses of other maintainers in the MAINTAINERS file:

http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/MAINTAINERS

> Just wanted to check if anyone has this USB controller: Etron
> Technology, Inc. EJ168 USB 3.0 Host Controller (rev 01) working on
> linux.

I don't have that particular host on hand, but the xHCI driver is
supposed to work with all xHCI host controllers.  If it's not working,
we need to figure out why.

> Any thoughts on patch you had to use, etc., please?

Please take a look at ReportingBugs to figure out what information you
can send me to help me debug your issue:

http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/REPORTING-BUGS

Basically, I need a description of what's failing, along with dmesg with
CONFIG_USB_DEBUG and CONFIG_USB_XHCI_HCD_DEBUGGING debugging turned on.

Sarah Sharp