Re: Bug report: 045e:0721 Microsoft LifeCam NX-3000 not detected

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013, Jürgen Liebmann wrote:

> Alan, sorry your mail was redirect in the recycle folder of my email account and I read this at first today.
> Please can you help me, how I can get this both kernels without doing a new bisect?
> The results of bisect I'd already delete. I'm unfortunately not a expert for kernel development!

> > Jürgen, can you post usbmon traces taken from a kernel with the
> > 74a6af256b48 commit present and a kernel with that commit reverted?
> > I'd like to compare them for differences.
> >
> > Instructions are in the kernel source file
> > Documentation/usb/usbmon.txt.

You don't have to go through an entire bisect.  Assuming you still have
the git repository, you can just do

	git checkout 74a6af256b48

to build a kernel with the commit present, and

	git checkout 74a6af256b48^

to build a kernel without the commit.  Then in each of the kernels,
start collecting a usbmon trace before you plug in the camera.

Alan Stern