Re: [Pull Request] xhci: Step 1 to fix usb-linus and usb-next.

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 07:16:10PM -0700, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> In reviewing these, I don't see anything that is all that urgent, so,
> can I just pull both of these branches (assuming the second one really
> is the correct one, based on the comment, I'm not sure), into usb-next?
> That way the patches will properly be queued up for -stable releases,
> and they get some testing time in linux-next.

The second pull request is the second step.  It contains the revert of
Alan's commit that should have been marked for stable, and a merge of
those four patches into usb-next.  Sorry for the confusion.

Let me take a look and see if it makes sense after I've had some more
caffeine.  I think it might be easier if I just send you another pull
request.

And yes, it's probably not terribly urgent that the port power off fixes
get into 3.11.  The hardware that implements it isn't even on the market
yet (Haswell ULT).  Kristen is working on an updated version of powertop
that has options to enable the port power off mechanism for USB ports,
but that's not released yet either.

Sarah Sharp