Re: I: Sierra.c USB Serial Driver FAQ/Feature Request

On 08/14/2013 01:58 PM, Dan Williams wrote:

snip
> The 4G part of the 250U is a Beceem WiMAX chip, for which there are no
> drivers on Linux at this time. The 4G parts are used with a
> pseudo-ethernet interface, but since there aren't any kernel drivers,
> that's not going to work. The 4G parts do not use PPP. The 3G part,
> however, *does* use PPP over the serial ports. So with this
> information, it's not surprising that when you choose "4G Only" in
> Windows, the 3G part (eg, PPP over serial ports) isn't going to work
> on Linux. Dan

Yes, but if we knew 1) to Identify that 4G has been set, and 2) the
command to toggle the device from 4G-3G, then this problem could be
identified by the driver and the unit switched back to 3G and a log
message printed. Then, the issue would be avoided, right?